I’m Andrea, author of Noshbites, and a thirty-something girl who lives in Perth, Western Australia with the love-of-my-life who also happens to be my best friend and husband James, and our 3 year old son Oskar. My career is in Primary Teaching but these days you’ll find me making and keeping our chaotic house a home.
I love to Eat, Cook and Travel. This love developed when I spent many years living in London and travelling across several continents exploring new tastes and places. I’m also thoroughly enjoying the recent food scene that’s been developing in Perth as it grows up as a city. Most recently, I’ve had the opportunity to write for The West Australian Good Food Guide.
Things you may not know about me:
- I worked at Buckingham Palace
- I’m obsessed with organisation – all my cupboards and pantry containers are labelled, (not to mention the itinerary for holidays) but having a 3 year old impacts this!
- I like my tea black and sugar free….. much to the disbelief of most Brits
- My mum calls me ‘Bossy Boots’
- There is no instant coffee in my house
- I am a sucker for pretty packaging
- I’m currently addicted to all pork belly, macaroni cheese and Rochelle Adonis Nougat
- I only listen to Capital Radio London at home – it plays the best music
- Every year on my birthday I cook Lasagne and Rum & Raisin Cheesecake just like my Gran used to cook for me every year when I was little
So whether I’m with family or friends, I am sharing my experiences of places I’ve eaten at or meals I’ve really enjoyed with you. Come join me on my food adventures.
Nom, nom, nom!